A grant is a non-repayable fund disbursed by an individual or organization to a recipient after an application process. Most grants require a certain level of oversight.
This area has a large number of foundations and organizations that give small grants for community-based projects. Below is a list of some common grant options in the area:
- Grant-writing is a great skill to develop
- Receiving a grant adds credibility to your project
- Read the grant application very carefully
- Write a summary statement
- Create a grant outline
- Who does the grant fund?
- Write goals
- Ensure that you have the required documentation
Click here for the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s resources on grant writing.