About the Land Lab Conference Series
Land Lab is a day of customized workshops and activities that provide community members with the resources, tools, and expertise necessary to take meaningful action in eliminating blight and vacancy in their neighborhoods. Depending on the community, Land Lab can take many forms. It is designed to help residents learn what steps they can take to get started creating the change they want to see in their community.
Register today for Land Lab Pitcairn
Pitcairn Summer Community Action Event!
Join Grounded and the borough of Pitcairn for a family-friendly summer community day, part of our Land Lab event series. In the morning, learn skills for reclaiming vacant land (while your kids enjoy fun in the sun at our eco mini-camp!), then use your skills for a family beautification and clean-up day. Afterward, celebrate your hard work with a community block party! Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- 10am-noon: Workshops + Eco Camp
- (adults and youth 14+) Land Lab workshops: Learn skills for how you and your neighbors can create tangible change in Pitcairn through the activation of vacant land.
- (youth ages 5-14) Eco Mini-Camp with Venture Outdoors: While you learn in our workshops, your kids will be engaging in a fun and educational “mini-camp” with Grounded and Venture Outdoors.
- 12pm-4pm: Community Clean Up + Block Party
- Equipped with your new knowledge, join your community in a beautification project and clean up day, followed by a block party with fun and games!
- Have the chance to talk one-on-one with experts in the field of greenspace activation to ask any questions you may have.